Saturday, May 06, 2006

Minami-gyotoku

Am spending the day packing and getting ready for my journey to Kyoto tomorrow... taking a break to really really get this crap out of my system. It's working well so far, but then again I haven't ventured very far outside the apartment... though I did make my first calling card call. So stoked to have figured out how to use the calling card, seeing the most of the instructions are in Japanese.

Some photos of Milli's "town" (don't know if that's the right word for it or not,) Minami-gyotoku:

For some reason, there are a lot of car dealerships around here... I've counted three in the vicinity of Milli's apartment and the Tokyo Metro station.

This is on the windows of the Mister Donut shop that's by the Tokyo Metro station -- coincidence? I think not!

A Japanese garbage truck... even they're smaller!


A huge apartment building on the main street in Minami-gyotoku -- Milli's apartment complex is just a few stories, nothing like this one.

Sanhausu, Milli's street. Quiet, folks riding up and down on their bikes on the way to the Tokyo Metro station or to work.

Just finished taking down my laundry (I washed it this morning and it's already dry!) and now I'm out to go to Daiei to do some shopping... then off to the Yoimiuri Giants game at Tokyo Dome tonight! Ah, to live in Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home